AMP began life in 1849 as the Australian Mutual Provident Society which offered life insurance. Today AMP is a diversified financial services group with companies covering financial planning, wealth management, life insurance and banking.
They provide services and products across a wide range of disciplines including:
- financial planning (AMP Financial Planning, Arrive Wealth Management, Hillross Financial Services)
- investment products (AMP Capital Investors)
- superannuation services for businesses and employer-sponsored schemes
- life insurance
- general insurance
- banking products including savings accounts, credit cards and home loans
AMP own several financial planning brands including AMP Financial Planning, Arrive Wealth Management and Hillross Financial Services. AMP Financial Planning planners may be “self employed” (run their own company licensed to AMP Financial Planning) or be employed directly with AMP. Arrive and Hillross typically service clients with a higher net worth and more sophisticated level of service requirement often involving investment companies, family trusts and Self Managed Superannuation Funds. The number of AMP controlled financial planners is put by them at 2,000.
AMP is one of the largest retail and corporate superannuation providers in Australia with approximately $104 billion under management. We have a market-leading network of more than 2,000 qualified financial planners. Products include:
- Flexible Lifetime – Super Easy
- Flexible Lifetime – Super
- AMP Retirement Savings Account
- AMP Eligible Rollover Fund
Most of these products offer an investment menu from both outsourced and in house investment managers via AMP Capital Investors.